The Bromeliad Society of New Zealand (Inc)
Affiliated with the Bromeliad Society International
The Society was formed on the 28th August, 1962.
The objects of the society are to encourage the cultivation and study of bromeliads grown indoors or outdoors and in particular:
- to promote discussion and arrange instruction on cultivation, propagation and control of diseases.
- to provide a library for members.
- to assist members to identify plants.
- to make awards for outstanding new bromeliads.
- to hold shows or public exhibitions.
- to promote the distribution of bromeliads amongst members by exchange, purchase and sale, and to encourage the importation of new plants.
- to affiliate with any society or other body, and to do such things as may be deemed necessary or desirable in the furtherance of these objects.
- to accept affiliation from other Societies having similar objects.